The Association Heritage New Brunswick (AHNB) requests nominations for Annual Awards to deserving individuals through its Awards Committee.
Notably, nominations must be made by an AHNB Member.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is September 15.
Awards will be presented at the Annual Conference of the AHNB. A maximum of 2 recipients per award category will be selected by the Awards Committee per year.
Submissions made by e-mail are eligible:
163 St John Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 4A8
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AHNB Awards are in the following four categories:
- Quarter Century Award – Individual- awarded annually
- Award of Merit –Individual- awarded annually
- Award of Distinction – Project based to an organization-awarded annually
- Founder’s Award – Individual at the discretion of the Board of Directors
Quarter Century Award
- Awarded for outstanding long-term service to the heritage community by an individual volunteer.
- The AMBHNB wishes to recognize volunteers whose service over 25 years or more merits special recognition.
- N.B. Heritage professionals who have given voluntary service are eligible for this award
Award of Merit
- Awarded for an outstanding contribution in the heritage field.
- The AHNB wishes to acknowledge an individual contribution which may not involve long-term service, yet merits special recognition. (i.e. this award may be granted to an individual whose original ideas, research and presentation results in completion of a specific project). Organizations are not eligible for the Award of Merit
Award of Distinction (Organization)
- For outstanding achievement (e.g. successful completion of a challenging project, or long-term contribution (e.g. heritage restoration project or exhibit renewal) by an AHNB member organization.
- The AHNB wishes to recognize the contribution of member organizations which have made a significant contribution to the preservation of heritage in the province of New Brunswick
- To be awarded to an individual at the discretion of the Board of Directors for outstanding contributions to the people of New Brunswick.
- The Board of Directors of the AHNB may from time to time wish to recognize a singular or series of outstanding contributions of an individual to their community or the province at large with the presentation of the Founders Award
- Consideration for the Founders Award shall not be limited to membership in the AHNB. The Award may be presented to an individual or organization either volunteer or professional. The Founders Award may not necessarily be awarded annually.
In any year, at the discretion of the Awards Committee, no awards could be given in one or all Award categories.