The Association Heritage New Brunswick is a membership organization that represents New Brunswick’s museums and built heritage interests through education, public awareness, advocacy and professional development. The Association promotes professionalism and adherence to established standards.
Promote the conservation, preservation, interpretation and appreciation of New Brunswick’s heritage resources.
- Be the voice for heritage in New Brunswick;
- Facilitate heritage educational opportunities;
- Facilitate and support heritage awareness, appreciation and conservation;
- Sustain the organization.
GOAL #1 – Be the voice for heritage in New Brunswick
- Advocate to governments respecting legislation and for improved and sustained programs for heritage;
- Speak to current issues;
- Advocate for the conservation of at risk heritage;
- Promote activities and programs [of AHNB and members].
GOAL #2 – Facilitate heritage educational opportunities
- Develop and deliver basic and specialized education;
- Promote the development of certified training programs for heritage conservation;
- Promote professionalism and adherence to established standards.
GOAL #3 – Facilitate and support heritage awareness, appreciation and conservation
- Promote and support the understanding of the value of heritage and strengthen the relevance of heritage;
- Offer help and referral.
GOAL #4 – Sustain the organization
- Plan for financial sustainability;
- Foster a sense of unity among AHNB members;
- Increase partnerships with other heritage organizations and interest groups and expand networking opportunities;
- Increase membership.